Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Heatwave Classic 2009

Great day at the races this past Saturday!

Nice, cool weather and the biggest crowd (athletes and spectators) ever for the 2009 edition of the Heatwave Classic here in Ridgeland, MS. I was recovering from the IM Brazil race the previous weekend and was thinking that I'd just come and cheer....but Bobby S. and Lesley R. talked me into doing the swim leg for their mixed relay team.

I had a great time. Compared to the previous week's race, it was pretty sweet to swim for just a few minutes, get out, and then cheer for our team and my many friends doing the race. We managed a 2nd place finish in the not-so-competitive mixed relay division. I stuck around for the awards after lunch....it was great to applaud the efforts of the friends who ended up on the podium. Congrats to friend and neighbor, Hastings P., for his 2nd consecutive win at the Heatwave! Awesome!

Back to some light training this week. Next up....Chesapeake Bay swim on Sunday!

No comments: