Sunday, November 1, 2009

One Week to Go!

One week to go 'til Ironman Florida!

I see that it's been a while since I've written anything here at the blog. Since the Great Natchez Ride, I've been busy at work, busy finishing up training, and working to get some content up at my other blog, the Athlete's Heart Blog.

I had a good time yesterday morning at the Du It For Heather Duathlon here in Ridgeland. This is the 2nd annual running of this event, albeit with a different name this year. Once again, we had clear, sunny skies and ideal cool temperatures for the race. I was on hand to cheer for George and Stephanie this year....and a handful of others that I knew who were doing the race. Both Stephanie and George had a good race....and Stephanie came from behind to win the overall women's race! Good for her. And on her new bike!

I stood for a long while with Darryl, who is also racing at Ironman Florida next weekend. We shared stories about training and thoughts about the upcoming race. Training has gone well. No significant injuries and pretty consistent efforts, I'd say. There are several people from town who are headed to Panama City Beach for the race next weekend....me, Darryl, Brandon, Mike, Toby, Jim, and Nicholas, I think. And some people to cheer as well, including Charlie, Mel, Alisha, George, Stephanie, and my family.

Lori's traveling to Jackson on Tuesday evening and we'll be driving down to PCB on Wednesday. We're stopping in Pensacola to pick up Coach Justin (and say hello to the parents who are also traveling to Pensacola), then it's on to PCB! We're staying once again at the Grandview condos....this was a great home base for the 2007 race.

After the race, Coach Justin is coming back to Jackson for a short stay. We've planned a dinner and evening of TriTalk with Justin on Monday, Nov. 9th at my place, for the Mississippi Heat tri club. I think this will lots of fun....and probably educational, too. I really appreciate Justin's willingness to do this.

That's it for now. More in the coming days from Panama City Beach!

No comments: