Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Athlete's Heart


Over the past few weeks, I've done a bit of reading about heart disease in athletes. And you'll recall that I promised to be back to report what I learned.
I could probably write a book....so if anybody out there wants to share their literary agent with me, drop me a line!
The outline would look like:
I. Introduction
II. Your Cardiovascular System
III. Symptoms of Cardiovascular Disease
IV. Cardiovascular Diseases
V. Diagnosis and Screening for Cardiovascular Disease
VI. Nutrition and the Cardiovascular System
VII. Vitamins, Supplements, and Alternative Therapies
VIII. Athletes Living with Cardiovascular Disease
IX. Resources
In the absence of a book deal, I'll serialize things here at the blog. I'll try to write a short section weekly about one specific topic. I'll even take suggestions about which topic to do next. Again, drop me a line with suggetions or questions.
Back next week with the first report!

No comments: